Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Girls' Weekend

I'm so excited.  My friend, Sandy, has invited me to a girls' weekend at her beach home in Delaware.  I've known Sandy for a long time.  Not only is she my friend, but we were fellow shop owners for many years.  We'll be hitting all her favorite vintage shopping spots in Maryland and Delaware.  One of the shops we'll be visiting is Heritage Antiques in Lewes, Delaware.  She has a booth there with her fabulous finds.  She has excellent taste and a super selection of vintage accessories.  I'll be sure to take some pics and share.
And,  if it doesn't rain, we may squeeze in a flea market. 
I'd like to share some photos she sent of her home.  She and her husband recently retired to their dream home at the beach.  She totally designed the renovation and it's so fabulous that it will be featured in "Beach Life" magazine and will also be on the Beach Cottage House Tour.

Here's the front of the house.  You follow a brick walkway and porch and enter her screened porch filled with wicker and garden finds.


Next, the foyer and her vintage bamboo.







This is her gourmet kitchen.  It's an open floor plan.  The bookcase is custom and showcases her talent for display.













This is the view of the other side of the great room with its stone fireplace.

















The master bedroom.


















One of the guest bedrooms.  That's her christening gown framed.  She painted the stripes.



















This is my favorite bedroom.  She's done it in red, white and blue with beach collectibles.















She collects vintage bathing suits and beach toys.  This adorable vignette is in this bedroom.















She even framed her Mom's vintage swimsuit.  It's displayed in the upstairs hallway.












One last image.  I think this gallery wall shows her talent for display. 



I'll be sure to share more photos when I return.  I hope you all have a fun filled weekend.
I know that I will.


Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment