Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chinoiserie Foot Boards

If you've been following my blog you know I love to reinvent objects.  I purchased a pair of twin bed foot boards from a dealer friend. No head board, no rails in sight.   I loved the chinoiserie painting on them.  Also, if you know me, you know I buy items I love without having a plan for them.  My husband has finally learned not to ask what I'm going to do with something.

When I  got them home I realized they were the same olive color as my mid-century modern buffet which I use for my tv stand. 

Work in Progress


I knew I would come up with some use for them in this room. Woo hoo!
Perfect for window valances.  

Love the Chinoisserie Detail



A Peek Under the Draperies

Full View  of Draperies and Bed

What do you think?  Like it or too out there.
I can't imagine how wonderful the head board must have been. 

Kathy



2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It is always great to see things repurposed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! You've done such a great job!! It's so inspiring seeing things used in new ways. You've got me thinking what *I* can repurpose!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete