Monday, July 25, 2011

Wineries, Shopping, and Thomas Jefferson

Recently my husband and I spent a long weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia.  It was a weekend of wineries, shopping, delicious food, and Thomas Jefferson. 
You know me though, I managed to squeeze in a vintage store we found just outside of Charlottesville in Ruckersville, Virginia.  It was the kind of shop where you have to get down and dirty and be ready to dig for your diamond in the rough. 



Country Store, Ruckersville,VA


They weren't kidding about thousands of books.


Here are some of the finds I was able to uncover.

Side Board  Great details only $95

Bamboo Chair with Fabulous Fabric $75

Oars with Elephant Detail $35




I loved the iron garden chairs.  They were only $18 each.  The sign was great but too pricey at $58.



And, for all my Mid-Century Modern readers, there was a room filled with 50's icons.

Chrome and Vinyl Chair (part of a set) and Starburst Clock

Herman Miller Chairs $150 Each
There were many other interesting shops in the area, but I have to admit the majority of my time was spent wine tasting.  We were there at the same time as the Wine Bloggers' Weekend.  We also were in awe of the Jeffersonian architecture, and if it hadn't been 105 degrees, we would have hiked in the Shenandoah Mountains and climbed Rag Mountain for its fabulous view.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
How have you tried to beat the heat?

Kathy


Info for shop:
Country Store Antique Mall
Ruckersville, VA.
434-985-3649
M-F 11-4
Weekends 10-5

No comments:

Post a Comment