Monday, November 14, 2011

Stylish Patina Barn Sale November 18, 19, and 20.

As promised, I'll share some of the furniture pieces I've added to my booth.  Some areas look pretty bare since I haven't accessorized it all yet.
You've already seen my night stands in a previous post.  I combined them with a pair of vintage twin beds by Drexel furniture.  The canvas tote is by Thomas Paul.  I covered a book in faux bois paper.  The blingy star is one of my Christmas ornaments as is the glittery over-sized jingle bell.


In a completely different direction I have a pair of modern chairs from a  Hickory, NC manufacturer.  The pillows with peacock feathers really make them pop.  I also filled a vintage brass umbrella stand with peacock feathers that I'll have for sale.  Next to the chairs is a vintage bamboo bar cart with a removable tray.  As a back drop I have a Victorian screen.  If you add your fabric to the openings I think you'll have a perfect original headboard.  In front of the the bar are some chippy gold nesting tables. 



This next piece  took me the longest to get ready.  I only have the before image of one of the doors.  I was so excited about the piece that I started painting it without a pic.


Here it is in place.  I'm planning on adding some mercury glass and bling on it.   It is actually a buffet but it would be perfect as the base for a flat screen TV.   Above is a vintage 5 light hanging chandelier which I had professionally re-wired.



And last but not least is another vintage Drexel furniture piece.  I believe it is a buffet also since the top drawer has sections for flatware.  I don't know why you couldn't use it in your bedroom.  I love the graduated drawers.  I added the greek key design.


I'll have jars filled with mercury glass and blingy ornaments.



I'll also have this angel, a selection of glass chandelier ornaments,  small boxwood wreath ornaments, and  mercury glass clip-on bird ornaments.


I also took some vintage items and created holiday decor.  In the upper left corner is an antique shaving mirror.  Next to it is a vintage iron woman in profile.  I added a ribbon and crystal.  The book is an antique song book, and in the lower right is a vintage brass stencil.


I haven't had a chance to add all my mix of  small vintage and new  accessories, small pieces of furniture and all Christmas decor.  I'll have a large selection of them.


I hope you can make it to the sale.  The barn is huge and I'm only one of the vendors there.  FIY for you DIY bloggers, one of the vendors sells Annie Sloan chalk paint.


Address: 4051 Stanford Ct. Frederick MD

DIRECTIONS FROM 15
If you're coming from Frederick on 15, turn left at the light onto Mountville Rd.  If you're coming on 15 from Leesburg take a right at the light onto Mountville Rd.  Next take the 1st left onto Winchester and wind through the Stanford Industrial Park.  Take the second right onto Stanford Court and follow the road to the barn.  

DIRECTIONS FROM 85 (BUCKEYSTOWN PIKE)

If you're coming on 28 through Dickerson to 85, make a left onto Greenfield.  If you're coming from Frederick on 85 make a right onto Greenfield.   Then turn right onto New Design, turn left onto Mountville and follow it through Adamstown.  After you go through the stop sign at Ballenger Creek (stay on Mountville), turn right onto Winchester (the street before is Howard Stup).  Wind through the Stanford Industrial Park and take your second right onto Stanford Court and follow the road to the barn.


Dates: Nov 18, 19, 20
           Dec 2,3,4

Times: 10am -5pm

 We are just 3 miles from Chartreuse & Co (they are open the same dates), 11 miles to Lucketts, 6 miles to downtown Frederick, 18 miles to downtown Leesburg.


Hope you can make it.

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. that buffet is awesome, kathy! you have such great style, i am sure you will do well! also love the greek key dresser!
    i might swing by sunday- friday morning my mother in law leaves and since sawyer just had surgery i will still have him with me, and i have plans saturday. hopefully sunday! best of luck, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks fantastic!!

    You are very talented.

    Good luck at the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck and your things are so creative! I hope you have a great turnout.

    I would come if you were closer and I had the time.

    Love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete