Sunday, June 10, 2012

What Should I Do With My Farm Machinery Parts?

I have a pair of these farm machinery gears.  When I purchased them I loved their shape and the worn mottled look.  I was planning on hanging them on the wall for some architectural interest.

Vintage Farm Machinery Gear





But to confuse the plan, I saw them painted and framed. 

Heirloom Philosophy

And then I found another image of the gears painted white and framed.



I can't decide what to do.  I love them with their original finish, but I also like them painted and framed.  What do you guys think? I'm kinda leaning towards leaving them in all their lovely rustiness and maybe framing them as they are.  Your thoughts?




3 comments:

  1. i prefer the original finish- much more interesting! and i would just put them on the wall as is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love their original finish. Until you decide, I think one would be just so much fun topping a threesome of old books just laying around somewhere. Happy Monday and have a wonderful week. ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them in their original state. There is such beauty in old worn and weathered items.

    ReplyDelete