Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's Not the Owl, It's the Octopus


I know that we all love owls, but I think that the octopus has replaced the owl for me any way.

When I was re-doing my screened porch I came across some octopus inspiration.  My first accessory find was the sea life pillows.  The vibrant blue and the coastal look were my accessory and color starting point.  Can you see the octopus on the pillow on the left?  He's peeking around the corner.

Sea Life Pillows on My Sun Room Day Bed
I found the fabric here if you want to make your own.


FYI, my favorite on-line fabric store is Fabric.com.  I select Home Decor Fabrics by Designer or Home Decor Fabrics Recent Arrivals.  I have found some wonderful fabrics at great prices.  

 
On a Home Goods excursion I found these plates with octopus images
Perfect for summer cook outs since they're not breakable.  I wish I could have found more than six.


Then at Zgallerie this ceramic octopus showed up.



Home Goods came through for me again with mugs with what else but an octopus.


One of my blog readers alerted me to the Etsy shop, Vintage By The Shore.  I ordered these prints a while ago and still haven't gotten around to framing them.   I haven't been able to find out if they're still available in her shop (Her shop is closed until May 1.)  They're printed on quality paper and fit standard frames.


I have always admired the octopus plates from Anthropologie.  When I got my 15% off birthday coupon I used it to buy a set of them.  Here's one of them in front of my clam shell.  The back is just as cute as the front.  The tentacles curl around the plate and grasp the back side.



I also wanted to share some Pinterest octopus inspiration.

Via

Via
Octopus Wall Hook Via
Thomas Paul Alpaca Baby Throw Via
Via
Via
Via
Bar Towel Via

 
So, is it the owl? Or the octopus?

Have I convinced you to check out some Cephalopods?

Kathy



1 comment:

  1. Wellllll....maybe if I ever get a beach house, I'll put an octopus or two in it. Ha! Yesterday, on an antiquing excursion, I did find two antique fish plates I have been searching for. Since, we live on a lake, I thought they would be a wonderful art statement on the walls. I only found two and they have lots of crazing but I love them. And the price was right. :) Love love love your clam shell! xo

    ReplyDelete