Friday, August 30, 2013

A Visitor On My Front Porch

I got home late from Back-To-School Night and all I wanted to do was sit down and rest.  I didn't have to go to the gym today.  I got plenty of exercise.  There are three floors in my son's school and every class was on a different floor.  I don't know how he gets to class on time.  Yep, seven times up and down two flights of stairs.  I'm glad I went though so I could put a face to his classes.

We have been taking a photo of him every year on the first day of school in the same spot.  I can't believe he's in High School.  He's holding up nine fingers.  I guess I'll have to make a sign for Junior and Senior year since we'll have run out of fingers----- if he'll even let me take his photo.

My Cute Freshman

Well, back to the visitor on my porch.  As soon as I got home my son and my husband said check your camera card.  Before I share what was on the photo I just wanted to show the porch.

My Front Porch




On either side of the bench are a pair of convex mottled mirrors.





Look  who was on the camera.




Here's a closer look at the visitor.




This morning we checked to see if he was spending the night behind the mirror.  It was empty.  Whew!
I wonder how much more of him was behind the mirror.

Oh the joys of living near a field.


Kathy











5 comments:

  1. yep....I get the same thing....fields on two sides of me, lake in the back and woods all around. I had a pair of huge long black snakes that kept hanging around my studio door. I am not afraid, I just don't want to run across one unsuspecting....ugh. Bobby G. finally captured one and put him deep in the woods. Guess the other one (her/him) followed. Haven't seen them in a while. I am always leary when collecting our chicks eggs because they love hen houses. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I would rather see just about anything other than a snake! I am petrified of any kind of snake..poisonous or not. Last week I saw a large black snake slither into the flower bed and I almost had a heart attack. You won't catch me weeding anytime soon. I love the mirrors, minus the snake of course.
    xx
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear on the snake. Giving me the shivers.

    James...you look so cute. Happy High School!!

    Have a good year.

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Do you know what kind of snake it is? Looks pretty fat!
    Happy weekend........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gives me the creeps!! At least he wasn't inside. Didn't you have a snake in your sunroom several years ago?
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete