Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Santos

Have you discovered Santos yet?  I actually have three different styles of them in my home.
I have the Santos angel on my landing.


Santos Angel on My Landing


She became part of my holiday decor.

Santos Angel at Christmas

I have another version on my screened porch.

Santos on My Screened Porch


I don't believe I've shared this other Santos.
 She's in my living room and stands upon a stack of document boxes next to my bookcase.



My Santos on a Stack of Document Boxes







Every time I find a crystal necklace or rosaries, I drape them around her.






Her cage skirt supports a framed Italian print.














Do you have a favorite accessory that you repeat throughout your home?

Kathy
















8 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I adore the oyster shell, natural and coastal. Nice Santos (es). xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love them, I don't have one, but I have been on the lookout. Yours are all stunning and I love the one with her necklaces. Fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUV, LUV, LUV MY SANTOS....GOT A SUGGESTION FOR YOU.....TAKE SOME OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL PEACOCK FEATHERS AND MAKE A SKIRT. PLANNING TO DO IT TO ONE OF MINE. I'LL USE GLUE DOTS TO ADHERE A NARROW STRIP OF VELVET RIBBON AROUND HER WAIST (AT TOP OF WHERE THE OUTWARD FLARE IN THE METAL BEGINS) PROBABLY USE ABOUT 5-6 LG
    FEATHER STEMS HOT GLUED TO INSIDE OF RIBBON TO HANG DOWN. NOT PLANNING TO MAKE IT VERY FULL. HOPE THIS IS UNDERSTANDABLE.....OF COURSE, ADD AS MANY AS DESIRED. JUST A THOUGHT. I THINK IT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL ON MY SAGE GREEN LADY NAMED MISS JENNI (AFTER THE LADY I BOUGHT HER FROM. BTW, LOVE YOUR BLOG....THATS A GIVEN OF COURSE.
    WARM REGARDS,
    LESA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes I am very familiar with santos and love them, I have 2 one I made out of an old doll and a metal cage one http://curtainsinmytree.blogspot.com/2013/11/santos-pr.html
    love yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, You have some wonderful Santos! I have two small reproductions but I am always looking for a larger one. A shop in Venice, Italy had the most gorgeous Santo that stood about three feet tall. It was an original and had a price tag of $12,000!
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I love colonial latinamerican "santos" and every time I go to Buenos Aires, Argentina I try to find a new one for my colection, most of my friends think that they are ugly, but I love them. I don' t have one like yours, but I'd love to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love latinamerican colonial santos and I have a little collection (9 of them), I don't have anyone like yours, but I'd love to. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I think they should not be dressed. They look wonderful as they are, antique treasures do not have renovated because they would loose their real value.

    ReplyDelete